Life around here are going well. Eden now weighs almost 11lbs. and is 22" long! She's developing quite a personality. She laughs and smiles most of the time and has discovered her hands this past week. Last weekend mom and dad came up to visit so that was nice. Sunday, we all went to church and all sorts of craziness followed! We drove separately and as I was walking to mom's car I noticed they had a flat. I hurried across the parking lot to my car where mom, dad, and Eden were to tell them about the flat. We took the tire to Wal-Mart to get fixed and went to grab some lunch while we waited. While we were eating we noticed the sky getting darker and just as we were leaving to go get the tire the rain starting falling...hard. We get the tire and head back to the church to change it when we get there are I give dad a gray jacket with a hood and mom grabs my umbrella to shield dad from the rain and leaves her shoes in the car so they won't stretch out. The whole time I am thinking this can't be real safe considering the lighting but I say nothing. Mom gets a second umbrella out of her trunk that is bigger and as I look out the back glass I see mom with two umbrellas that the wind has blown wrong side out and she's being pulled around my car by the fierce winds and a man who looks like the uni-bomber with the gray hoody and all. Finally, mom opens my passenger door gets in leaving dad out in the rain. Then, we start laughing so hard because it's too funny seeing a grown woman with TWO umbrellas neither one doing any good being blown around. As we pulled out of the parking lot lightening hit a pole across the street and I thought to myself YES I am certain that mom being out in the rain without shoes was not a good idea!! All she kept saying was Alison, what if that had been us...well I wouldn't be posting this story I'm pretty sure :)
Til next time take care,
Alison
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Alison,
You are sooo funny! I have been checking up on everyone's blogs tonight... all I have to say is.... Where are the pic's???? I need more pic's of Eden! I miss ya! Love, Angie C
Well, what the hell? Where did that "onewoman" thing come from??? Not sure how that happended, It would happen to me... hee, hee.. LMAO!
Post a Comment