Thursday, May 1, 2008

That's A Cop

I have this wallet that's been missing since last Friday in it is the second book of checks I've lost this month! So my only goal yesterday was to find this wallet. I turned everything upside down looking for it but no luck. The only result was a house in complete choas. Doug said retrace your steps and honestly the last thing I remember is walking in the door Friday night after going to get ice cream with a friend and the rest is a blur. I got this wallet so I wouldn't have to carry around my oversized handbags...maybe I should just stick to them. I call this wallet my nobo because I want a HoBo and haven't gotten one because it's a little pricey and my loving husband brought to my attention that maybe I should not "misplace" the knock off for awhile and work my way up to owning the real thing. So as I am searching the house Doug is feeding Eden and then there's a knock at the door. Oakley freaks out and starts barking and I look out the window and see that it's a COP! As I'm trying to get Oakley in a bedroom Doug gets up to answer the door and about that time Oakley fakes me out and gets loose. Here we are answering the door Doug with Eden in tow and me with an overweight Cocker Spaniel who pees when he gets excited in my arms. We fling open the door and the cop asks "Is everything okay?" Uh, yes can't you tell?! He said we received a 911 call from this address. I tell him our home phone is not even plugged in because the only calls we get on it are telemarketers (I always talk too much when I get nervous). He says these phone lines are screwed up, oh okay you might want to check on that there may actually be someone out there with I don't know a real emergency. Instead, he just stands there looking at us, I'm looking at Doug and doing my nervous laugh (that I get at funerals and when there's law enforcement around...not sure why) and Doug keeps looking around the corner to see if the phone is really unhooked. Finally, he leaves and as I turn back towards the living room it does look like there was some sort of domsetic dispute because as I have said I've been looking for my nobo and everything is in turned over and thrown all over the place!! How's that for Hump Day?
Til next time take care,
Alison

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ok, now I'm cracking up...especially regarding the dog that pee's when he get's excited. I own one too, however he only pee's in respone to touch....so I always scream..."Don't touch him!" when people walk in the door!.
I was hoping the cop was returning your wallet...